[AY 22-23] Faculty of Computer Science job with VIN UNIVERSITY
THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & COMPUTING
VinUniversity offers competitive international salaries, a world-class infrastructure, a dedicated international academic and management team, excellent benefits and support for entry-level and mid-career faculty with a wide range of exciting interdisciplinary research projects.
Through excellence in academics, research and innovation, the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) aims to create a generation of young leaders with the qualities, skills and knowledge to lead development. of science and technology, to increase productivity, and bring about radical innovation for the benefit of society.
With Cornell University’s certified programs, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and modern educational approaches, CECS offers degree programs in three areas: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, and Bachelor of Science in computer science. CECS plans to offer graduate programs in the spring semester of the 2021-2022 academic year, with a focus on AI, data science, cybersecurity, and innovation.
A world-class faculty, top Vietnamese students, international standard research facilities, and dedicated staff have built an interdisciplinary research environment at CECS. The Smart Health Center established at CECS focuses on research areas that address the challenges and opportunities of modern health systems, including big data analysis, medical image processing, 3D printing for biomedical, security, privacy protection and others.
All faculty members will receive an annual personal development fund for academic activities such as attending conferences, hiring research assistants, and purchasing research equipment. Faculty members can also apply for internal seed grants and have the opportunity to collaborate with researchers in the Vingroup ecosystem, such as VinBigdata, VinAI, VinBrain, VinMec, VinHomes, Vincom Retail, VinPearl, VinSmart, and VinFast.
For more information, visit the CECS website: https://vinuni.edu.vn/college-of-engineering-computer-science/
VinUniversity College of Engineering and Computer Science is recruiting faculty member in the following fields, pathways and degrees:
- Areas of interest: The position is open to all areas of IT; of particular interest are algorithms / operating systems / computer vision / NLP / data analysis
- Track: Research and teaching
- Ranks: Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor
All qualified applicants will receive full consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
CECS faculty members will be responsible for three main responsibilities:
- Teaching: developing and instructing courses, providing academic advice, and participating in the development of programs and programs that meet ABET’s quality standards.
- Research: oversee student research, perform original research, and publish scientific results in top sites with high citations.
- Service: help with recruitment, admission, service to the university, to the profession and to the community.
The distribution of the workload will be based on the ranking of professors and the course of the faculty aligned with international standards and practices generally accepted in universities.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Hold a doctorate in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a solid knowledge of the subject combined with extensive experience of the subject to contribute to educational programs.
- Have a good experience of experiential learning methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and be able to use them successfully in all courses.
- Have a solid record of research achievement or potential for future achievement.
- Have a high mind and a strong passion for education; demonstrate distinction and / or strong research potential; be agile to embrace change and meet new challenges; be open-minded to new and different environments; be a team player ready to contribute to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please apply via http://apply.interfolio.com/99996 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a curriculum vitae and (3) two letters of recommendation. While doing this, remember the following:
- Indicate in your cover letter your teaching statement, your research statement and the field / rank / track for which you are applying.
- Your to resume should include a list of all the courses you have taught along with the results of the teaching / student assessment.
The examination of candidates will be done on an ongoing basis from February 2022 and will continue until the positions are filled. The desired start date is August 2022, subject to negotiation, in order to allow sufficient time to prepare your courses for the next fall semester.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that alone candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVE AND WORK IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist and advise you to obtain the necessary documents for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can meet all paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information on the required documents, please refer to the information contained in this connect.
- Cost of Living: Vietnam has a relatively low cost of living and expats can live very comfortable lives here with moderate expenses.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is Vietnam’s first private non-profit university established on the basis of international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and become a world-class university.
VinUni maintains strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisers and crucial catalysts in the creation of VinUni’s three colleges: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Informatics, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its programs, research, faculty, student body, facilities and campus life, is developed to meet the highest standards set by leading accreditation and ranking organizations worldwide, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
The founding benefactor of VinUni Vingroup is one of the largest private conglomerates in Asia with the highest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multi-industry company, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: technology; Industrialists; and real estate services. VinUni is proud to be part of the Vingroup ecosystem, offering its students the opportunity to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial companies (such as VinSmart and VinFast ) and leader Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec and Vinhomes)