Building the One-Day Open Metaverse Course in SIGGRAPH
Metaverse experts will gather at SIGGRAPH on August 10, 2022.
PHILADELPHIA CREAM, August 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — A one-day, two-part course on “Build the Open Metaverse” will be held at SIGGRAPH 2022 in Vancouver, BC on August 10, 2022.
Organized by Patrick CozziCEO of Cesium, and Mark LittleVP, Unreal Engine Ecosystem at Epic Games, the course will introduce fundamental metaverse concepts with a focus on openness, collaboration, and interoperability.
Speakers include a slew of metaverse experts, including Snowfall author neal stephenson and executives from NVIDIA, Pixar, Roblox, AWS, Adobe and Unity, as well as leaders from standards organizations, the Open Geospatial Consortium and The Khronos Group.
“In the spirit of SIGGRAPH, these sessions are designed to share knowledge about what the community has built so far and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead as we work together to build an open, interoperable metaverse” , said Cesium’s CEO. Patrick Cozzi.
The course is an unpretentious introduction to the open metaverse, a 3D Internet of connected, persistent virtual worlds with social and industrial applications. Topics covered include the origin of the Metaverse, its current state, and potential future; 3D-first computing, game engine ecosystems; bridging the real and virtual worlds; the evolution of content creation; scaling of users and worlds, and interoperability through open standards.
- neal stephensonCo-founder, Lamina1 and Author, Snowfall
- Guido QuaroniSenior Director of Engineering, Adobe 3D&I
- Steve MayCTO, Pixar Animation Studios
- Natalya TatarchukDistinguished Technical Fellow and Chief Architect, VP, Professional Artistry & Graphics Innovation, Unity
- Reverend LebaredianVice President, Omniverse & Simulation Technology, NVIDIA
- Morgan McGuireChief Scientist, Roblox
- Jeff PetersonPrincipal Engineer, Amazon Web Services
- Nadine AlamehCEO, Open Geospatial Consortium
- Neil TrevetPresident, The Khronos Group, and Vice President, Developer Ecosystems, NVIDIA
To participate, Subscribe to SIGGRAPH
About Cesium – 3D Geospatial for the Metaverse
Cesium is the open 3D geospatial platform for the Metaverse. Cesium has created 3D Tiles, the open standard for mass distribution of 3D geospatial data. With offerings like the open-source Cesium for Unreal plugin, we enable creators to create digitized worlds with real-world data at scale.