Everything you need to know about computer science and AI researchers
Career prospects: everything you need to know about computer science and AI researchers
Roles and Responsibilities: The purpose of collecting and analyzing data, regardless of the application, company or industry, is to drive action. Data science and data scientists enable data mining and inference of logical conclusions to aid decisions that ultimately lead to action. Meanwhile, AI enables unmanned systems to quickly analyze a large volume and variety of data to make decisions and act independently. So, AI researchers, as the name suggests, are looking for new forms of AI technology to create new applications that use the data to drive independent actions. In addition to having knowledge of statistics, data science, and programming, AI researchers are also proficient in advanced areas such as deep learning, deep neural networks, and natural language processing. AI researchers are needed to lead AI development and experimental projects and to extend existing AI capabilities.
Average salary (per year): 100,784 USD
- Solid experience in programming or systems analysis
- Proficiency in several computer languages
- Master’s degree in computer science or cognitive science (a combination of psychology, computer science, anthropology and philosophy)
- Bachelor’s degree to qualify for entry level positions
- In-depth understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis, etc.), statistics and classification algorithms
- Knowledge of Python, Java and R.
The 3 best online courses:
MSc, Online, Part-time (Computer Science â Artificial Intelligence), DCU: This is a distinctive program taught by an internationally renowned interdisciplinary team of NUI Galway experts in the field, many of whom are researchers from the ‘Insight Center for Data Analytics. Students also have the opportunity to choose from several optional online modules offered by our partner in this program Dublin City University (DCU). The program is taught over two years and is delivered entirely online using cutting-edge technologies and techniques to support the virtual classroom. Students must attend classes on campus a maximum of one day per semester.
MOOC Informatique, Coursera: Coursera is a free learning site that offers MOOC courses from renowned universities. All Coursera courses contain pre-recorded video lectures that you can watch when it’s convenient for you. Coursera has programs with universities that allow you to earn a master’s degree or specializations. You can explore various college courses without any hassle. It offers free programs from accredited institutions. These free online certification courses available on this platform are designed by a leading university.
Computing & Language, Edx: Edx is one of the top providers of free online courses. It offers university level courses in a variety of disciplines. You can browse various topics like computer science, language, data science, engineering, etc. This site contains a weekly thematic sequence. It includes a short video with learning exercises. The platform provides video tutorials, similar to the campus discussion group and a manual. It has an online discussion forum where students can post questions to teaching assistants. It offers free online courses with certificates of completion.
Main institutes offering this program:
- Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence (BSAI) and Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Innovation (MSAII): Carnegie Mellon University
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence Research: MIT Research: MIT
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Research Orientation in Artificial Intelligence, Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science with Research Orientation in Artificial Intelligence, Master of Science in Computer Science with Research Orientation in Artificial Intelligence, Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science with Research in Artificial Intelligence: Yale University
The best recruiters for this position:
Deloitte: A finance mogul, Deloitte is one of the largest professional services networks in the world. The company operates a giant network of business forums, which requires a huge team of IT professionals.
CGI: CGI is the 5th largest independent, end-to-end IT and business products and services organization in the world. Founded in 1976, the company has grown into an organization of 73,000 professionals in more than 40 countries.
Mindtree: Mindtree is a well-known digital technology service provider to over 2,000 global customers. Computer science graduates who want to start their careers on a positive note should definitely aim for a job in this organization.
Infosys: The dream business for most IT professionals in India, Infosys is a global leader in technology consulting and services. He helps clients in over 50 countries create and execute digital transformation strategies.
Cognizant: With its headquarters in New Jersey, Cognizant has made a huge mark in the Indian software scenario. Students are eager to learn about the work culture at Cognizant to help them further in their careers.
Share this article