Geospatial Data Science Research Assistant for Urban Applications at NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- The researcher will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) to conduct academic research and administrative work.
- The candidate will focus on research activities at the forefront of geographic information science and urban data science
- Development of software tools, methodologies, datasets and related solutions.
- Explore new directions of research and experiment with new datasets and technologies.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in various activities of the research group and the project such as supervision/mentoring of students and junior researchers, management and assistance with funding applications.
- Design and conduct research studies; manage collaboration with other researchers and coordination.
- Perform a literature review on appropriate topics related to the project.
- Preparation of publications and maintenance of other forms of research results such as software and data after publication.
- Attend and follow meetings, conferences and discussions with various stakeholders.
You must demonstrate that you have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputable university
- Experience with new forms of geospatial and urban data such as digital twins and Street View imagery – particularly acquiring and processing them with state-of-the-art techniques.
- Strong programming background, preferably Python and R. A developed Github repository will be considered favorably.
- Good experience in computer vision / deep learning and image processing.
- Excellent knowledge of geospatial process and spatial analysis in the field of urban studies, as well as GIS tools such as QGIS and/or ArcGIS, and geospatial software packages in key programming languages such as Python and R.
- Experience in scientific publications, preferably journal articles.
- Curiosity and passion for exploring new concepts, methods and technologies, and the ability to quickly identify and learn the most appropriate tools for research on the go.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research independently and a track record of interdisciplinary research will be valued positively.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Referral of eligible employee: No
Job Application ID: 17429