ISRO offers a free 5-day online course with certificate; Apply here
IThe Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is currently accepting applications from professionals and researchers for a free online course titled “Geospatial Contributions to Enable Master Plan Formulation under the AMRUT Sub-program”.
Things to know:
- The course is scheduled from October 11 to October 15, 2021.
- The course will consist of five lectures (each lasting one and a half hours).
- The course will focus on geospatial modeling and its applications for urban and regional areas.
- This course will be delivered by the Indian Institute for Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun, a center of the ISRO Department of Space.
- The course is designed for professionals engaged in land use planning, students and researchers in land use planning, geography, environmental studies, civil engineering, architecture, etc.
- This course is free.
- All participants who attend 70 percent of the course sessions live, through the e-class portal, will receive a certificate.
- Participants who attend course sessions through the IIRS YouTube channel must mark their attendance through offline sessions available after 24 hours to be eligible for the certificate.
What does the course consist of?
- Program overview, scope and coverage
- Project execution and deliverables
- Familiarization with remote sensing datasets
- Identification and interpretation of urban characteristics
- Analysis and modeling based on the geographic information system (GIS)
- Map projections and mobile applications
- Surveying techniques and navigation systems
- Design and standards for the formulation of a GIS-based master plan for the Atal Mission Cities for Urban Rejuvenation and Transformation (AMRUT)
- Creation of maps based on AMRUT standards
- Overview of Geospatial Data Collection, Use and Sharing Policies in India
How to register?
- Click on here to access the request form.
- Applicants will need to fill in the details of their personal and academic qualification.
- Make sure the email address and phone number mentioned in the form is correct.
- Click on the preview option before submitting the form.
What will you need for this ISRO course?
- Device – Desktop / Laptop / Mobile
- Operating system – Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Android or IOS
- Web browser – Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari
- Internet speed – 2 Mbps or 3G connectivity and above
- Course URL – https://www.eclass.iirs.gov.in/login.
Click on here to access the official brochure.