Professor, Computer Science Jobs with Alliance University
Profile of the establishment:
Alliance University is a private university established in the state of Karnataka by Act No. 34 in the year 2010. The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University with its vibrant and scenic campus in Bangalore, India, offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate majors to students from diverse backgrounds. Alliance Education, defined by excellence through an agile and market-driven approach in faculties of management and business studies; Scientific technology; The humanities, liberal arts, and social sciences are guided by the University’s core values.
As a leading university, Alliance University offers programs in business law, engineering law, and plans to launch new programs in languages, liberal arts, economics, science, and applied mathematics.
For more details visit: www.alliance.edu.in
Alliance University invites applications for its School of Business from highly qualified professionals for the position of Professor in computer engineering. The candidate should have a solid academic background and at least ten years of teaching and research experience in a reputable institution.
Job title: Professor – Computer Engineering
Roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to help students obtain career opportunities in the fields of computing and information technology.
- Supervise, advise and mentor students in the fields of computer science and information technology.
- Help challenge the way students think, learn, and develop their understanding of academic disciplines.
- Facilitate student understanding to develop problem solving, critical thinking, programming, and complex analytical skills with complex algorithms and big data to create instructions and understand design patterns.
- Develop core curriculum and effectively deliver course materials.
- Publish research, attend conferences and give presentations to build a strong research network.
- Make the best use of tools and technologies to facilitate student understanding.
- Undertake research, either individually or with colleagues, of a standard and quality that will result in regular publication in top international journals.
- Write proposals for research funding.
- Organize seminars and events to interact with established industry professionals.
- Review teaching methods and materials to make recommendations for improvement.
To note: The roles and responsibilities described above are not an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the incumbent must perform any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- PhD in Computer Science or related fields from a top-ranked institution.
- Demonstrated interest and skill in course setting and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A strong desire to publish in prestigious journals with the possibility of obtaining external funding for research initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience and proven teaching experience to contribute to PG/UG courses in data analysis and interpretation, graphics and engineering drawing and including supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an effective understanding of teaching tools and processes.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Expertise and experience in the subjects: Cloud computing and Internet technologies, Big data Analytics and R Programming, Agile Cloud Automation, Cyber Security, Fundamentals of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies, Advanced Java, Python, MySQL and PHP, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning , Cognitive Analytics.
Qualification and Eligibility:
- PhD in computer science or related fields from a leading institution with a strong background in research and education.
- Minimum 10 years of teaching and research experience in renowned institutions as a full-time professor.
- Minimum 10 research publications in highly reputable journals.
Vacancy: Several vacancies in the IT department. Priority would be given to candidates available to join immediately.
Role: Teaching & Research
Compensation and Benefits: Alliance University offers competitive salaries based on the candidate’s qualification and experience. The University supports research through grants and publication incentives. Additionally, the University provides subsidized on-campus housing, food, transportation, insurance, and other benefits.
Industry: Education / Training
Functional area: Teaching, training and research
Type of employment: Fulltime
Core Skills: Creative teaching, presentation, communication, innovative research, people engagement and networking skills.
Apply for the vacancy by sending your updated CV and cover letter (highlighting your achievements, career goals and ways you can contribute to Alliance University) to [email protected] Cite AU/REC2022/THEUNIJOBS/P-CSE as a reference in the subject line of your email.