Research Assistant, Computing and Information Technology job with NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR A RESEARCH ASSISTANT POSITION IN THE DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY
Our team, based in the Department of Geography at the National University of Singapore, conducted a series of studies on infectious disease transmission and control based on mobility data. We are looking to recruit an excellent Research Assistant with a Masters degree in Computer Science, Public Health, Geographic Information Science, Statistics or another relevant field of study with a successful track record.
The research assistant will be supervised by Principal Investigator Dr. Luo Wei, NUS Department of Geography.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Conduct research activities
- Explore new directions of research and experiment with new datasets and technologies
- Assist the PI in the management of the research group and its activities
- Preparation of publications and management of other forms of research output such as software and data
- Assistance with funding requests
You must demonstrate that you have:
- A master’s degree in a related discipline from a reputable university. Current Masters candidates can also apply, provided they are in the final stage of their studies and have completed their degree before the start of the appointment.
- Programming experience (preferably C++). Experience with multithreading/openMP/MPI/cloud computing/software testing is a plus.
- An ability to carry out research activities independently.
- Excellent writing skills and strong affinity for publication.
- Prior experience in agent-based epidemic modeling and social network analysis is a plus.
- Good communication skills in English and ability to present research in academic and non-academic venues.
- Curiosity and passion for exploring new concepts, methods and technologies, and the ability to quickly identify and learn the most appropriate tools for research on the go.
Informal inquiries can be directed to Professor Luo Wei ([email protected]). Please include a cover letter, full CV and 3 letters of recommendation in your application. This is a one-year contract that can be extended based on performance.
Demonstrates high ethical standards in official duties
Location: Block AS2-03-01
Organization: National University of Singapore
Eligible Employee Referral:
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/public members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
As of January 15, 2022, based on Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises. As such, we regret to advise that job applicants must be fully immunized against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.   MOM Updated notice on COVID vaccination in the workplace, subject to change in accordance with national measures against COVID-19