Researcher, School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science job with QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate for the post of Research Fellow.
Working as part of a team, this is a unique opportunity to build the next generation millimeter wave radar systems and work at one of the UK’s leading technology institutions. millimeter waves, the Center for Wireless Innovation (CWI), Queen’s University of Belfast, in collaboration with an international team of academics and industrialists.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/cover letter (or application form) must clearly demonstrate that you have:
- Hold or be about to obtain (within 3 months) a PhD in a relevant subject; and
At least 3 years of research experience, including demonstrable experience in all of the following areas:
- Design and implementation of RF hardware and antennas for radar systems and imagery
- Radar systems and/or computational imaging and/or compressive sensing
- Perform measurements and characterize RF devices and circuits using measurement equipment such as vector network analyzers and power meters, etc.
- Using full-wave electromagnetic design and simulation software such as CST Microwave Studio.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. For more information on the role, including essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term contract available for 3 years or until August 31, 2025.
Fixed-term contract positions are available for the period indicated initially, but in special circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to the availability of funds.
At Queen’s, our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a member of staff, you will be part of a dynamic organizational culture, which will give you the opportunity to reach your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package which includes:
- Excellent terms and conditions
- Pension plans
- Flexible working by allowing you to design your work week together with your manager through a mix of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for mental health and well-being
- Entitlement to generous leave of 8 weeks per year (composed of 23 days of annual leave, 10 days of closure and 9 public holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equal opportunity for all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) that help us advance equality.
We also endorse Equality Charter marks such as the NI Diversity Charter mark in addition to Athena Swan. For more information on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
About the school
Attractive reward package
Information for international applicants