Senior Lecturer, Computer Science Position at DEAKIN UNIVERSITY
- Located on the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Full time (100%) and continuous
- Level C $122,950 – $141,381 pa + 17% super (prorated)
This position offers an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic School of Information Technology at a young and progressive Deakin University. Undertake research, teaching and community/industry engagement activities in a broad area of computer science. We are looking for someone who is actively involved in research, teaching, and engaged with industry and the community. You will join a team of passionate computer scientists, software engineers and IT professionals leading cutting-edge courses and world-class research centers in computer science, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, software engineering and the Internet objects (IOT). Additionally, providing you with opportunities to work across the Faculty with engineers, scientists, environmentalists, architects, and construction professionals. Collaboration and involvement with the community, professional organizations and industry is also a key part of the opportunities this role offers.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Contribute in an innovative way to the School’s teaching and research programs
- Engage in and foster student learning experiences in innovative active environments to connect students’ practical interests and industry
- Publish high-quality research in highly reputable journals
- Contribute to leadership that enhances the achievement of Deakin’s strategic objectives in research, teaching, engagement and innovation
- Be part of and contribute to the development of the schools’ research agenda, including in competitive external research funding activities and performance in ERA
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning, including identifying and responding to opportunities to advance the discipline
- Contribute strongly to the leadership of the School, the Faculty and the University
- Develop strong relationships with research, community, industry and government to improve teaching and research outcomes
To be successful, you will:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or advanced qualifications and experience in the relevant disciplinary field
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative program design and research supervision
- Nationally/internationally recognized research reputation, supported by publications in quality journals and/or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research grants
- Positive engagement with research, community, industry and government to improve the national position of the discipline
- Demonstrated ability and passion for educational leadership
Applications for this position closed on February 20, 2022
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain verification of working with children (refer to Deakin’s recruitment process for details).
Please submit your updated CV, responses to KSC, and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this position.
For more information regarding this role, please contact Professor John Yearwood, Head of School, at [email protected]
Are you ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation rests on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse work environment with opportunities for growth and career development. We believe a progressive and thriving culture will ensure people choose to come and stay with Deakin and contribute to our continued success.
We value diversity and aim to create an inclusive environment that defends, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as people of all cultures, sexual orientations and genders.